Community Orchard event dates and times can be found on the village events page.
If you would like to join the Friends of Beckley Community Orchard please email Peter Ross at Peter_m_ross@hotmail.com
Chairman’s Report 2012
Legal and Admin:
- Charity formed by way of deed and trustees appointed
- Lease on Constable’s Piece agreed and signed
- Charitable status recognised by HMRC
- Occupiers liability insurance purchased (donation by Parish Council)
- County Council variation of S106 agreement re Constable’s Piece rejected by both trustees and Parish Council
- Application for funding to TOE2 fails because of existence of S.106 agreement. This was despite support from the County wildlife/environment officer and support from the TOE assessor
- Trustees have enlisted the support from OCVA to pursue further applications for funds for construction of pedestrian gate with disabled access and field shelter.
- Parish Council made a grant for the purchase of four trees
- Wolvercote Community Orchard made a grant for the purchase of three trees
- Thames Water have made a grant of £350 to establish native fruiting hedge along common boundary
- Scrub and ragwort cleared, grass mowed and sheep introduced (thanks to Chris Cox), and overhanging trees removed
- Stock guards constructed (and subsequently raised beds created)
- 20 trees purchased (7 as a result of donations, two purchased by Friends of Beckley Community Orchard, and balance given by members of the trustees and management group and attendees at early working groups)
- Beehive and colony of bees donated by Ted Cloke to be placed on adjacent land by permission of John and Jo Ovens
- Prototype bench created by Neil Durrant from felled poplar trunks
- Matt Pether took on role of Orchard Warden
- Over 50 household become “Friends of Beckley Community Orchard”
- Working parties and opening event held
Thank you to everyone who has helped by way of financial and practical assistance!
BECKLEY COMMUNITY ORCHARD- WORKING PARTIES
Some dates for your diary.
- Hedge planting at Constables Piece - 10am on Saturday 16th February
- Working Party on Saturday 2nd March at 10am.
CONTACT Peter Ross 351330 or email: email@example.com
Please feel free to bring your children as the field is enclosed and safe from passing traffic.